Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Two Peas in a Pod

Nora's big brother, Calvin, was the first on the scene to meet her.

Cal awoke to his Grammy & Papa and the three made their way to the hospital.

A wide-eyed boy walked into our room and climbed right up in bed with me and Nora. He put together that she was no longer in my belly and tuned into the details of the moment: my hospital gown, Nora's oxygen tube...

It wasn't long before he asked to hold her. "I want to hold my baby in my arms, he said." He sat down, held out his arms, and nestled in to me. Handing Nora to him, I put my arms around both of my children for the first time; what a feeling.

Who knows what relationship will develop between these two over time, but I'd say we're off to a good start.

6 comments:

Critter said...

It's so great to see pictures of your little girl!! It truly is a great feeling to be able to hold both of your children sometimes it feels as if your heart can't hold any more:) Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures and experience with us. I love to stay in touch with you all!

Congratulations!!!

Linnea said...

Welcome to the family, little one! My second cousins are all oh-so-high tech! :)

Amanda said...

What sweet pictures!

____ said...

Congratulations one more time! She is precious! I cannot wait to see her in person but at least my boys did today :)

Lindahl News 2 said...

When will I/we see these cuties again? Maybe Sunday when we come up for the Harbor "event" at that really gorgeous place???

Erin said...

Cherith and Eric,

Your daughter is beautiful! We LOVE her name... your grandma would be so touched to have another great-grandchild with her name!
Calvin looks so natural as a big brother. Enjoy your blessings!